Pressure Filtration with Disc Filters
BoHiBar Disc filter - for particularly dry solids.
High solids throughputs. Low residual moisture. Continuous operation. Minimal footprint. These are the strengths of the BoHiBar Disc filter. Particularly dry solids are achieved with BoHiBar steam pressure filtration. So dry that some residues even become recyclables.
Wherever difficult to filter products or large amounts of suspension are to be filtered – such as concentrates from ore, coal and mineral processing or their tailings – BoHiBar Disc filters offer outstanding solutions.
BoHiBar Disc filters represent the most advanced technology for continuous pressure filtration. High filtration pressure differences up to 6 bar (g) and most modern filter and plant design are the reasons why even with very fine-grained, difficult-to-filter products, large specific throughputs and very low residual moisture are achieved. The space requirement is minimal.
For particularly low residual moisture, steam pressure filtration can be performed on these filters, too. This innovative hybrid process produces dry solids which open up new possibilities for product marketing through the re-usage of residues or significant improvements in product handling and transport.
BoHiBar Disc filters are available in various sizes with filter areas up to 168 m2 per filter unit.
Applications of the BoHiBar Disc filter:
Features and benefits:
- filtration of fine-grained products
- filtration of large quantities of suspension
- minimal footprint
- less need for filter cloths as filter area is much smaller compared to discontinuous filter equipment
- fully automatic and continuous operation
- lowest residual moisture, especially with steam pressure filtration
- saving of costs for thermal drying up to the avoidance of thermal drying
- possibility for re-usage of residues
- significant improvements in product handling and transport