Dynamic sieve filtration allows the separation of coarse or fine grain fractions. Highly viscous and concentrated suspensions can be filtered in a closed apparatus with high throughput and sharp separation cut.
Particularly heterogeneous catalysts such as solid materials, are of great importance. They are used in about 80% of all catalytic processes. The catalyst is in the liquid phase or gas phase together with the end products and must be separated from the mixture and recycled after the reaction. Usually, Raney nickel catalysts are used for this purpose.
The separation and recycling of solid catalysts from liquid phases often places high demands on both the separation apparatus and the filter medium. The requirements for such a task are the following:
- separation of finest particles
- compliance with given temperature and pressure values
- aggressive media
- short residence times of the catalyst outside the reactor
- no air / gas contact of the catalyst during the separation and recycling
Our BoCross MicroScreen Filter offers unique solutions for such challenging filtration tasks.
- butynediol/butanediol process
- aniline process
- complete catalyst recovery
- particle-free filtrate
- no dilution of the suspension
- very fast recycling of the catalyst in the process
- no air/gas contact of the catalyst during separation and recycling
- catalyst remains permanently suspended