BoFilTest and BoCrossTest are compact filtration apparatuses which can provide a quick, simple and reproducible analysis of the filtration data and the substance parameters, even with only small sample amounts.
BoFilTest enables fast, easy and reproducible analysis of filtration data for both vacuum and pressure filtration. Even with very small quantities of suspension, it is possible to determine the filtration parameters and material parameters which are relevant for process design, apparatus design or for compliance with regulations.
BoFilTest is very versatile. Therefore, numerous production facilities, laboratories, control institutions and research institutions worldwide use it for one of the many possible applications.
BoFilTest is characterized by the following features:
- compact, portable filtration equipment for laboratory and field use
- analysis of all filtration data – fast, easy and reproducible
- small filtration area of only 20 cm²
- filtration pressure up to 11 bar (a)
- only a small amount of sample required
- ready for use in the basic version without power supply
- all common filter media up to membranes can be used
- fast change of filter media
- many add-ons available
- complies with VDI guideline 2762 "Mechanical solid-liquid separation by cake filtration – Determination of filter cake resistance".
BoFiltest in action
The simple handling of BoFilTest allows a quick test procedure. Due to the quick-release closures on the upper and lower part of the pressure filter cell, a test can be started immediately after filling in the sample suspension. One hand movement is enough to get BoFilTest ready for a test.
With a filtration area of only 20 cm² and a filtration pressure of up to 11 bar (a) BoFilTest allows
- a fast, easy and reproducible analysis of filtration data
- the variation of all filtration parameters such as cake height, pressure difference (for cake formation, washing and dehumidifying), amount of wash liquid
- the determination of the relevant filtration parameters and material parameters for both vacuum and pressure filtration such as: cake forming time, air breakthrough time, wash time, demoisturing time, gas flow rate, cake and filter media resistance, etc.
- the determination of the suitable filter medium
- the production of small amounts of material (solid or filtrate)
- the production of analysis samples (solid or filtrate) for further subsequent analysis
Optionally, the measured values can be electronically recorded and evaluated.
The core of the BoFilTest is a double-walled pressure filter cell made of stainless steel, which can be tempered by a liquid circulation if required. It is closed by a quick release lid with hinge and sight glass. The lower part is attached to the body of the pressure filter cell with a bayonet quick release. In this lower part of the filtrate outlet funnel, a perforated plate as support for the filter medium and a removable cake-forming ring are integrated. The pressure filter cell is mounted on a base frame in which a laptop holder is integrated. In the basic version, this device is supplemented by a manometer for setting and measuring the filtration pressure difference.
The basic version was deliberately designed in such a way that it can be operated on site even without power supply. The versatility and ease-of-use of the BoFilTest can be adapted at any time to suit individual requirements by means of various, mostly metrological, auxiliaries.
|Filtration Area||20 cm²|
|Filtration pressure p, abs||11 bar|
||max. 120 °C|
|Height of filter cake
||50 mm (on demand up to 100 mm)|
|Dimensions (W × L × H)||815 × 680 × 330 mm|
|Tempering||heated double jacket|
|Lid||quick-release lid with sight glass for quick test start (one-hand operation)|
|Bottom||bayonet lock (one-hand operation)|
|Compressed air connection
|Material||SS316 stainless steel for wetted parts, SS304 for non-wetted parts|
Supplementary equipment can be ordered separately and may be integrated subsequently into the basic version without any mechanical effort. The modular structure includes the following components:
- electronic filtrate measurement with scale
- electronic gas flow meter with a large measuring range (pos. 2 in picture)
(It is no longer necessary to estimate and preset gas consumption before starting the test)
- interface box for power supply of all components and for bundled data transfer
via USB connection (pos. 3 in picture)
- electronic precision measuring gauge
- software for BoFilTest program for fast & safe data evaluation (pos. 4 in picture)
(compatible with current and older Windows versions up to Windows XP)
- hardware (PC or laptop) for BoFilTest software (pos. 4 in picture)
- lighting unit for the interior of the filter cell
- transport case
- other equipment/options such as
- version in special materials
- filter area reduction
- cake height measurement device
- cake washing device
Older versions of the portable filtration test equipment Filtratest can be upgraded to the current BoFilTest design using an upgrade kit consisting of 4 components (see picture):
- base frame made of stainless steel hollow profiles including base plate and laptop holder
- new electronic gas flow measurement device
- interface box
- software for BoFilTest program